Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help BrowserHelp effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
The inet_e_resource_not_found error pops up with browser tabs for some Edge users. The inet_e_resource_not_found error message is included under details on Edge’s Can’t reach this page tab.
When this browser issue occurs, Edge users can’t open the required page. Some Edge users have stated that the error first emerged after the Creators Update.
This is how you can fix an Edge browser that returns the inet_e_resource_not_found error code.
How can I fix the inet_e_resource_not_found Edge error?
1. Reset the Edge browser
- Hit the Windows key, type Microsoft Edge, then open the browser.
- From the top-right corner of the window, click on the menu icon (marked with 3-dots), then navigate to Setings.
- From the left window pane, select Reset Settings, then choose to Restore settings to their default values.
- Click Reset.
2. Use Opera
While Microsoft Edge is indeed quite revolutionary because of the Chromium engine, its stability is still up for debate.
Speaking of the Chromium engine, Opera is also built around it, so if you need an alternative to Edge, Opera is your best bet.
Opera can be considered to be exactly like Edge, but with a few extra tools. for example, their extensions are cross-compatible, although not 100%, but Opera’s dedicated library is far vaster.
More so, if you prefer the browser in its native form, without extensions, then you’ll be glad to know that Opera is one of the fastest browsers around in that state.
3. Flush the DNS
- Press on the Windows key, type cmd, then right-click on the first result and choose to Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt‘s window type the code below then press the Enter key:
4. Adjust the User Account Control Settings
- Enter UAC in Cortana’s search box.
- Click Change User Account Control settings to open the window shown directly below.
- If the bar slider is at Never notify, raise it so that it’s at least one down from Always notify.
- Click the OK button to confirm.
Adjusting the User Control Settings can be done in just a few clicks and it may solve the Microsoft Edge inet_e_resource_not_found issue.
5. Adjust the DNS server addresses
- Open the Run accessory by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- In Run‘s text box enter the code below, then click OK to open Network Connections in the Control Panel: ncpa.cpl
- Right-click your network adapter and select the Properties option.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) on the Networking tab, and press the Properties button.
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses option on the General tab.
- Enter the value 22.214.171.124 for the Preferred DNS server, then input 126.96.36.199 for the Alternative DNS server as shown in the shot directly below.
- Click the OK button to close the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window.
After completing these the inet_e_resource_not_found DNS error should be solved. However if you still find that the problem persists, just try our next solution.
6. Reinstall the Wi-Fi adapter driver
- In the Cortana search bar, type Device Manager, then open the first result.
- Expand the Network adapters section.
- Right-click your network adapter and select Uninstall device.
- Press the Uninstall button to further confirm.
- Windows will reinstall the driver when you restart the desktop or laptop.
- Note that you’ll also need to re-enter Wi-Fi password after restarting Windows.
Reinstalling the driver for the Wi-fi adapter can be done in just a few steps and it might fix the Microsoft Edge inet_e_resource_not_found error.
7. Reset Winsock
- Enter CMD in Cortana’s search box.
- Right-click the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator to open its window.
- In the Prompt’s window input the code below and press Enter:
netsh winsock reset
- Restart the Windows platform.
These are a few of the resolutions that might fix the inet_e_resource_not_found in Windows 10 so that you can open the required website pages in Edge again.
We’d like to know more from you on this subject so drop us a comment in the comment section below.