Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help BrowserHelp effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
AdBlock Plus is by far the most popular extension of its kind and it works on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, just to name a few. But did you know about the different AdBlock subscriptions available? Currently, you can pick between two AdBlock subscription options: Plus or Premium.
The second one is also the one that we’ll be focusing on today since it can cause a bit of a headache on Microsft Edge in particular.
While the majority of users are happy with the dedicated Edge extension, AdBlock Premium still has to be polished to work flawlessly.
So far, that’s not the case. Both AdBlock’s and Microsoft’s forums are full of complaints about issues with AdBlock subscriptions, as follows:
- Activation error messages → You can usually fix these issues by reinstalling AdBlock.
- Wrong (expired or invalid) code messages → This issue can be solved by removing previous AdBlock Plus subscription emails.
- Unrecognized email address
- Last but certainly not least, overloaded subscription storage errors.
Since this last error is a bit more particular, we decided to take a closer look. Nevertheless, the below solutions will work for any of the issues included here and more.
Now, users said that they’re being bombarded with the error message Subscription storage is full. Please remove some subscriptions and try again.
This happens because AdBlock Plus for Microsoft Edge currently supports a maximum of only two filter lists, so if you have three or more, you’re going to get this error message.
What’s illogical here is that when you install AdBlock Plus on your Microsoft Edge browser, it gives you additional options to block malware, remove social media buttons, and disable tracking.
If you decide to use all these additions, you’ll have a total of five filtered lists in your AdBlock Plus extension, and the error message will make it impossible for you to use the browser normally.
As many users want to take full advantage of AdBlock Plus, they enable all three additions and the problem then occurs.
How can I fix issues with AdBlock subscriptions on Edge?
- Try a different browser
- Reinstall AdBlock Plus
- Remove Fanboy’s Social Blocking List
- Try using a different addon
- Install the latest version of Adblock
- Update your system
1. Try a different browser
If you keep getting errors when trying to activate or manage different AdBlock subscriptions, perhaps the problem is related to your browser.
Try switching to a more privacy-focused adult browser that comes with its own ad-blocking module, such as Opera.
Even if this comes as a temporary workaround, many users have decided to quit fixing the problem with Edge.
OperaKeep ads at bay and browse privately with or without AdBlock.
⚠️ If the problem is present in Opera as well, then the issue is most likely related to the extension.
2. Reinstall AdBlock Plus
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three-dotted menus, and go to Extensions.
- Choose AdBlock Plus, click on it, and go to Uninstall.
- Wait for the extension to uninstall.
- Now, get back to the three-dotted menu, click Extensions, and go to Open Microsoft Edge Add-ons.
- Find AdBlock or AdBlock Plus in the Add-on Store, and push Get to install it once again.
- Once you install it, just make sure you chose to use block malware, remove social media buttons, and disable tracking, and you’re good to go.
After performing this action, you should be able to use AdBlock Plus in Microsoft Edge once again. Obviously, issues with AdBlock subscriptions can happen in any browser.
Reinstalling the extension is a good way to make AdBlock work again in Vivaldi, Edge, and any other browser.
3. Remove Fanboy’s Social Blocking List
- Click the menu icon in the top-right corner. Choose Extensions from the menu.
- Locate Adblock Plus and click the gear icon next to it.
- Choose Options.
- Locate Fanboy’s Social Blocking List and click the red X next to it.
After doing that, the problem should be resolved. Keep in mind that by removing this list you might not block certain ads, which can be a problem.
However, you can choose a different Adblock subscription list from Adblock Plus’s website and use it instead.
4. Try using a different addon
- Press Windows Key + S and enter the store.
- Now choose Microsoft Store from the list.
- Search for the desired adblocking extension in the search field and install it.
Microsoft Edge has a dozen extensions available, but many users are suggesting trying out Betafish, so you can do that.
Basically, you can use any other Adblock addon instead of Adblock Plus and the problem should be resolved.
Before you install a new addon, disable Adblock or remove it in order to stop the two add-ons from interfering with one another.
5. Install the latest version of Adblock
Problems with Adblock subscriptions can occur due to various glitches with the addon. In order to fix them, it’s advised that you update the addon to the latest version.
Sometimes add-ons can have certain glitches, and if the developers are aware of this, they’ll release a new patch soon.
6. Update your system
- Open Settings. You can do that quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the Windows Update section.
- Now click the Check for updates button in the right pane.
If any updates are available, they’ll be downloaded automatically and installed. Once your system is up to date, be sure to check if the problem is still there.
We focused on Edge’s problems with AdBlock subscriptions simply because there seem to be more users struggling with similar issues on this particular browser. However, the issue is by no means exclusive to Microsoft Edge.
🎯 How to cancel my AdBlock subscription
One thing that AdBlock takes pride in is the fact that it blocks ads for free and will always do so. You wanted to know if AdBlock is still free and here’s your answer.
Now, users can repay the developers’ efforts with donations, or, should they choose to upgrade to the Premium version, through a subscription.
That’s right, you can choose between 2 AdBlock subscription options: Plus or Premium and the latter is available after redeeming a code, then through a subscription-based system.
If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the Premium plan, here’s how to cancel your AdBlock subscription with ease:
- ➡️ For PayPal payments, simply cancel the subscription in your PayPal account.
- ➡️ For any other payment method, send a request to [email protected].
So these are our suggestions to get rid of various issues with AdBlock subscriptions. If you know of any other methods, feel free to share them with us in the comments so we can update the list.