The err_cache_miss error is one that arises in browsers for specific website pages. According to some worldwide users, when that issue appears, a tab opens that displays the following message:
Confirm Form Resubmission err_cache_miss
Consequently, they can’t open a specific website page. If you can’t open certain websites on browsers like Chrome or Firefox because of that error, check out these fixes for it.
How can I fix the err_cache_miss error?
1. Try another browser
Taking a peek at the below troubleshooting steps is enough to realize that they are time-consuming. If you lack the patience to update your browser or reset it, let’s see what Opera can do for you.
Some of Opera’s strongest points are its availability on all major platforms and the ease of transition. While other browsers make this a living nightmare, things are different this time.
Well, all your passwords, bookmarks, and autofill data can be transferred in just a couple of clicks. This web browser also features a built-in VPN with unlimited bandwidth, as well as an ad blocker.
And best of all, one particular aspect that you’re about to enjoy is its stability. As a lightweight, yet fast browser, issues are unlikely to appear any time soon.
OperaTo quickly get rid of the err_cache_miss error, consider using a reliable browser. Opera clearly won’t disappoint you!
2. Update your browser
First, try updating your browser to the latest version. Open the website for your browser. Click the download button there to save the installer for the latest version.
Open the installer for the latest browser version to install it.
3. Clear your browser’s data
3.1 Google Chrome
- The err_cache_miss error can be due to browser data conflicting with the website. To clear Google Chrome’s data, open your browser.
- Use the following keyboard shortcut to open the Clear browsing data page: Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Select the Browsing and Download history, Cookies, and Cached images options.
- Click the Clear data button.
3.2 Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox, then press simultaneously on the following keys on your keyboard: Ctrl + Shift + Delete, to open the Clear browsing data page.
- Select the Browsing & download history, Cache and Cookies checkboxes.
- Click the Clear button.
4. Reset the browser
4.1 Google Chrome
- Try disabling all your extensions by resetting the browser. To reset Google Chrome, type this in the URL bar and press the Enter key:
- Expand the Advanced option at the bottom of the Settings tab, then choose to Reset and clean up.
- Click the Restore settings to their original defaults button at the bottom of the tab.
- Press the Reset settings button.
4.2 Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox, then, from the top right corner of the opened page, click on the three lines menu button.
- Select the Help option.
- Click More troubleshooting information to open the tab in the shot directly below.
- Click the Refresh Firefox button.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button on the dialog box to confirm.
5. Reset your network settings
- The err_cache_miss might also be a network issue. To reset network settings, press simultaneously on the Windows + S keys.
- Input Command Prompt in the search box that opens, then right-click on the first result so that you can select its Run as administrator option.
- Then input each of these separate commands (press Enter after each one):
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Thereafter, close the Command Prompt; and restart the desktop or laptop.
6. Disable Confirm Form Resubmission in Google Chrome
- Chrome users can fix the err_cache_miss error by disabling form resubmission. To do that, right-click your Google Chrome shortcut and select Properties.
- Next, add -disable-prompt-on-repost to the end of the Target box as shown in the shot directly below.
- Click the OK and Apply buttons.
- Then click the Chrome shortcut to open the browser.
These are some of the more likely fixes for the confirm form resubmission err_cache_miss error. Have you tried them?
Let us know which one worked for you in the comments area below. Also, don’t hesitate to share any other tips that might work.